Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shushed

I was shushed last night in choir. Grant it, I was laughing--a lot, and I was laughing loudly, but shushed? Really, are we really still in elementary school/middle school mode? Okay so I am not a rule follower when it comes to choir. I like to talk and socialize, sometimes it being the only time during the week that I can see certain people.

The reason I was laughing. 1. We are singing a song where the melody is straight from Jurassic Park (or did Jurassic Park steal the melody from this anthem--chicken or egg?). Seriously, the men are singing and flower goddess asks me what is this from, its a movie. So we are sitting there happily humming and trying to figure it out (even now, I have started humming the theme merrily to myself--please no co-workers walk in). Jurassic Park. I have to watch those movies again. They have action, adventure, pretty scenery, dinosaurs, sci-fi, all good stuff (this is one instance where I actually like the movie better than the books). Okay back to why we were laughing. 2. Hymns. Not normally funny, but we always run hymn at the beginning of rehearsal. Not a big fan of this. And they just drag on forever (so it seems). FG (flower goddess) drew a lovely picture of herself during this time, stabbing herself in the boob (well, just stabbing herself, but it looked like it was aimed for the boob--that was the funny part). 3. From Brahams Requim--"How Lovely is thy Dwelling Place". I thought how fun it would be to change out "Lovely" with "Super". 4. ... Oh, there are so many things that we found funny that I would just have to say the dreaded phrase "you would just have to be there." So, I'm not going to tell you.

So, lets just say, I was laughing all throughout choir practice. Since, I love to laugh and would rather be doing that than anything else, I thought it was an evening well spent--a little bit of song, a little bit of laughter. Problem comes when there are people in the world that do not love laughing as much as I do. Is is possible? Can it be? Yes, there are serious people in the world, and God bless them, that don't make it their goal in life to laugh out loud at least 5 times a day. Try it sometime, I bet life turns out looking a little bit more like roses.

No comments: