Friday, March 14, 2008

He's trying to fatten me up.

I go frequently to a Mexican restaurant in town with my parents. When I say frequently, I mean at least once a week. The food is always good, the salsa is terrific, and it is always a boost to my self-esteem. There are a couple of the waiters that will come and talk to me, and smile at me, and offer to bring me margaritas or tequila. But becuase I am on a diet, I haven't been in about a month through. Apparently, my favorite waiter has been asking my parents about me. Is the seniorita coming today??? So, last night I was taking a night off from the diet (I still went home and walked 5 miles). And I went to Dos Margaritas. It was good. But, I was careful, I only ate a couple of chips and ordered the veggie/chicken dish. My waiter had other idea because the plate came piled up with more food than I thought was possible. It was an enormous amount of chicken. So I ate half--less than half and I was full. When I asked for a box, he looked so disappointed. It was at this point I became very suspicious because he started suggesting dessert. Can I bring you some flan, sopapillas, chocolate chimichanga? My mom perked up with the chocolate chimichanga and that was promptly brought to the table with three spoons-- it was set directly in front of me. If this wasn't enough to confirm that he does not approve of the diet. He didn't even charge for the dessert, saying it was just for me.

No comments: