Thursday, March 27, 2008

Oh, the Lies they Tell

Sales people crack me up. I have to say. I work for a small company and there are a lot of calls for the President/Owner of the company. This President is a Junior, so he does not go by his first name. But so often I get calls for Orville. I know that these are cold calls, because he would have told them the appropriate name to call him if they have ever dealt with him before. Policy is to put them on hold (and leave them there) or wait 1/2 minute, tell them he is unavailable and then offer to take a message (not that they have ever left a message). These sales people are slick though. I have had people tell me that they are just returning Orville's call. I have had people pretend that they are trying to bring us customers (but would refuse to talk to the guy that actually deals with and gives quotes to customers). And just today I answer the phone and chicky goes. "Oh, I am soooooooo sorry, I meant to call Orville at his home number. Well, since I called, is he available." AS IF PRETENDING YOU HAVE HIS HOME NUMBER WILL WORK. Trust me, if she knew his home number she would know his name. Seriously, does this work with some people?

No comments: