Monday, March 24, 2008

1/2 Marathon, I think I must be Crazy

Yes, I have been training myself for the 1/2 marathon. There are very few people that I told, you know just in case. And I purposefully didn't sign up for the marathon because one of two things might have happened. 1. I would have been physically incapable of completing 13 miles with my arthritic knee and in that case would have spent the entry fee in vain, or 2. The Marathon would have already been full and I would have lost motivation. So I decided to wait until I hit 11 miles. I figured that this would be close enough that I could fake the last two miles. Not necessary. Last night was a personal triumph for me. I not only got to 11 miles, but when I got there, I just kept going. Now grant it, my last 1.5 miles was slow, and difficult, but I did the full 13.1 miles, mostly walking (with some jogging--not too much, remember the knee).

What an amazing feeling to sign up for the 1/2 marathon. That's a very good thing.

No comments: