Friday, April 04, 2008

Confessions of a Staple Freak

Today I have made a deep self discovery. I love staples. It is a fabulous invention to hold papers together. Now, I take this love to a deep and disturbing level when I say that I am obsessed with staples. This is not the store, this is the small little metal thingys that you would put into a stapler and bind together papers. I seem to be in constant search for the perfect stable. This may tell you all about my exciting life, but I probably spent at least 3 minutes to get a stable to go through this gigantic stack of papers for this particular invoice. Finally I got it to go through with out bending and crumpeling the staple on top of the paper. What does it tell you about me, I was still bothered, the staple was in backwards. From back to front. This only spurred my on to further staple perfection, wanting to get the staple perfectly through this stack of papers from front to back. Yes, I know, a little crazy, more than slightly obsessive. But that is just it, I am a staple freak. Here is where it goes even further--I spent all that time on a staple that I will remove when the invoice is paid and filed (probably within the week).

That is another stable obsession of mine. I am a purest. Only one staple in a bundle of papers. This whole idea of adding one page and stabling it to the bundle while leaving the other stable in, why would you do such a thing? It just makes it gunky. Again, I know, a little crazy, more than slightly obsessive. The only better invention as far as I am concerned at the present moment than staples/stapler, would be the stable remover. You know, it looks like a snake and it bites the staples from the page. Great stuff. And just a little bit more FYI--there always seems to be bent up mangled staples that have been removed around or under my desk. But the filing cabinet--not full of useless over stapled papers, that I can guarantee.

No comments: