Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Administrative Assitance's Day to Me

Today, apparently, is Administrative Assitance's Day, or so I've been told. Oh, I believe my office manager when she tells me that, I am just getting some kicks and giggles about the tradition they have here at my work for celebrating it. They treated me to lunch at Logan's. Yummy, Yummy Filet. Tasty, Tasty Sweet Potato. Fluffy rolls. What more could a girl wish for...

Here's the rub, they didn't take me to lunch (or bettter yet a gift card), they gave me their take out orders for lunch and added me to the bill. I got the happy priviledge (on the Office Manager's orders) of walking into the bosses' office and saying "Today is Secretary's Day, what would you like from Logan's?" I am not big on celebrating these strange, made up holidays, but if they are going to celebrate it, should I be the one walking into their office to remind them of it. The Logan's lunch is actually something that they have done for the past 10 years or so. They didn't question me coming in and saying this, they just put their order in. One, only one, actually said, "Oh yeah, happy secretary's day." When I laughed, he said "no seriously, I do appreciate all you do." So after I got all the orders together--6 including mine, I call in the order, then I go pick up the order, then I give out all the food, THEN I eat my steak.

I really like Logan's (even through I rarely get steak). As I said, not really an important holiday to me, and I wouldn't have even known it was AA Day if not for the Office Manager. So, why does it bother me that I had to get the food? This is not an abnormal errand for me. I get lunch nearly everyday for these managers. I guess, if it is the thought that counts, did they really have a thought to count? Oh well, Happy AA day to you!!!

No comments: