Thursday, April 17, 2008

Level 8

That's right, I am now officially an 8. I have reached level 8 pioneer status on the Oregon Trail. This is not some super great feat as there are many levels higher than 8, but I have been a 7 for so long that it really feels great to make it to the next step up. This is a proud moment in my life. (Hee Hee Hee). For the last two treks up the trail that I have made, no one has died, I did not run out of money (and didn't even have to steal something), it was smooth sailing, almost boring.

Let me ask you this... I figured out a trick. Completely by accident. But here it is the trick, if I get a broken wheel, I don't necessarily have to pay to repair it. There is a glitch in the system. If I go to check my inbox or my homepage or any other facebook option, then come back to Oregon Trail, it has forgotten that my wagon wheel was broken in the first place and I can just keep on trucking. I discovered this simply by accident because one day I had something like $135 in my account, I was so close to Oregon City, I had just recently been killed in my last theivery attempt, so my thinking was "I will just wait until tomorrow, this way I will earn more money for that day, repair my wheel and just keep trucking." When I went back the next day, the wagon wheel was fine, no repairs were needed. I made it to Oregon City and had no other mishaps. So I had to see, is it waiting a day? Or is it just going and coming back? Yeah, it is just going and coming back. That is all it takes, there doesn't even have to be a significant pause in between the going and coming back. So this is the question (yes, I did say "let me ask you this")... Is it cheating to take advantage of a glitch in the system? I have gone and come back for experimental purposes, but now that is over, should I be scrupulously honest and pay for all future repairs, or take advantage until the loop hole is closed? A moral dilemna for you to chew on today...

No comments: