Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Spring is Finally Here

I know technically it has been here for a while, first day of spring and all that already has happened. But it hasn't counted until now. Not for me at least. Now I can say it is spring because several things happened together. Yes, the spring rains have been here. Yes, things are starting to bud out of trees. I have seen the buttercups and tulips. But it really has been a tease. It was a fake out. The real thing was yet to come. But here is the kicker. Here is why it is officially spring... Not only did I get to wear sandals yesterday, but I slept with my window open. (for those worried about my safety in announcing on the internet that I sleep with my windows open--I would just love to see someone crawl through the ten feet of bushes, give or take a few millimeters, and see how well Miriam, you know, the grouchy dog, greets them). I woke up this morning to birds singing outside my window. What a glorious way to wake up in the morning. My house is full of fresh air. The rain doesn't even phase me today. I am in a happy spring mood. The world has turned green again.

1 comment:

Gusdog said...

Wonderful spring weather, and now less than a week later we're having frost warnings. Gotta love that Tennessee weather...