Friday, April 11, 2008

Mary (and other various commuters that I have made up names for)

There are certain recogonizable cars on my commute into work. I don't get to see them everyday, but I am always thrilled when I do. Today's commute was happiness itself because I saw Mary. Now, grant it, I have no idea if her name is Mary, this is just the name that I have given her. She has 10 bazillion (slight exaggeration) little stuffed lambs in her back window. This actually has more to do with Psalm 23 (it only takes one glance at her license tag frame to know that) than with Mary had a Little Lamb. But really, is that supposed to matter to me? Its like winning the commute-to-work-lottery to get to see Mary. There are a few other cars that are recognizable and that I will keep an eye out for, but no one brings a smile to my face like Mary. There is the Life is Good car--it has just as much "Life is Good" stickers on it as my car does. When I pass him I am thinking to myself "indeed, life is good." There is Soccor mom, but she must be seen before the turn off to Pope John Paul High School. I could go on....

No comments: