Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring Break

This is the great time of year called Spring. I love Summer too, but Spring (aside from Winter and Fall) is my favorite. I understand what you are thinking, when it comes to seasons, I am a little wishy-washy. I will admit, I like them all. They each have some wonder about them, something great. What I like most of all about Spring is discoving the flowers that keep popping up everywhere. Just last week I was visiting a friend and her dogwood trees looked completely bare. This week I went back and they were in full bloom (she has about 20-25 trees that line her driveway). It was beautiful.

It is not just discoving flowers that come back year after year, it has to do with unexpected growth too. When I moved into the house two years ago the yard had not been well cared for. (Neither had the house for that matter). So, last summer I discover that I had a Peony bush. It came up, but never bloomed. Well, it came up again this year, but my expectations were low. Two days ago, I noticed a bloom--it is so beautiful. Spring truly is the best season (that is until Summer gets here).

Yes, this is actually a picture from my yard. And I did nothing to nurture it, just cleared back the burmuta grass.

Have a Happy Spring.

1 comment:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Thanks for te link to your blog. I love Spring as well, but don't share te fondness for Fall and Winter. Hope you are enjoying Spring Break!