Sunday, April 22, 2007

Re-Read of 2007

There are certain books that are so good to me that I re-read them annually, or at least every other year. Not to sound too much like You've Got Mail, but Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin is on that list. My first P&P exposure was actually through the A&E Mini series with Jennifer Echols and Colin Firth (still an enduring crush). Then I read the book. From there I have read and re-read all the completed Jane Austin books. I am on my third copy of P&P as the other two were falling apart from so many readings.

For my current Re-Read, I am preparing for a book I have waited, on edge, for a year. Harry Potter, Book 7. I wanted to start my re-read of book 1-6 and take my time savoring the books and the unfolding plot, but I have yet again, gotten caught up in a fever. I started less than a week ago and I am already halfway through book 3. I have pre-ordered from Book 7 Amazon.com and hope that 7/21/07 gets here before I have to re-read Books 1-6 more than once. I will confess, I was so excited about this pre-order until a friend told me that she did this with Book 6 and they lost her order--she got it 3 weeks later. Now I am nervous. I really want this book on the day that it comes out.

2 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Great Colorado pics. I don't share the Harry Potter enthusiasm, but sometimes I wished I did. It sounds like I'm missing out on something.

Jill said...

Yes you are SOOOO missing out. It actually took me until book 3 came out before I started reading the series, but the books are really page turners. Also, I like it when I hear adults talking about how the Harry Potter books have turned their child into readers (you know people that actually read for fun). That is what fiction is all about. Learning to love getting outside of yourself and into the fantasy of another. The mind is so amazing.