Monday, April 30, 2007

Flower Month

I am on what I would consider the most interesting committee ever to be formed in a church. I am on the Flower committee. I have been asked to sit for committees before and have sometimes said no and sometimes said yes, but never really liked the idea of committees or the bureaucracy of committees. At work I am on the Scanned Records Committee--this decides what old records should be scanned into the new system for access from the computer. At other churches I have served on a Children's choir committee and a hospitality committee and I believe that there was some missions committee somewhere along the way.

This committee is right up my alley, though. I don't have to make important decisions, there are no reports to be made to the concregation, and most fun of all--I get to be creative. So this month is my flower month. I have a Flower Month buddy. We both work to create the arrangements in the sanctuary for the month of May. I was on the committee last year, but something about the second year, with some experience under my belt feels good. I can't wait.

April showers, brings May ...

No comments: