Thursday, April 05, 2007

It Has Turned Out to be a Good Day

This doesn't always happen you know, bad start to the day turning around to be a good day, but today was one of those days (it actually wasn't a bad start, just a mediocre start). Last night before bed I thought about turning on the heat (after all the temperature was dropping). Thinking about the heat and getting the heat going are two different things. I have discovered that I am actually kind-of miserly--I don't want to spend the money to heat my house in the middle of April, it just seems counter-intuiative. So I grabbed myself an extra blanket and went to bed. I woke up freezing this morning. And I was not the only mammel in the house that was craving heat. Miriam (Austrailian Cattle Dog), Dodger (Some sort of Terrier Mix pup), AND Moses (the cat that usually shuns cuddling when the dogs are even in the house) are all laying around/on me. I had Miriam on my right, by my hip. Dodger was on my left in his usual spot (my armpit). Moses thought the best place for him was on my chest, stretched across my neck. Did I mention that I have allergies? Cat hair by my face, not so good. Normally, this would bother me, but I was happy for the warmth. I did not want to move from my little nest, but the animals sensed that I was stirring. Moses was first--he stood up and promptly went to stand on my bladder. Dodger began to lick my ear. Miriam, getting jealous that Dodger was getting attention decides to lunge at him--right over my belly. "I'm up," I yell.

Then comes a promise to fullfill--I was to go to water aerobics with my mother. Not too much of a big deal--I like water aerobics. Did I mention that this is Senior Swim water aerobics--my mother being one of the young whipper, snappers of the group? So, I stood out like a sore thumb, being only 30 and the only one without a swim dress.

So how did my mediocre day turn around? I found some beautiful sounding windchimes. That's right, windchimes. They are melodious. I am easily pleased--at least today.

2 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Isn't it wild how hearing windchimes can make you happy?

Jill said...

Absolutely, there are many simple things that make me smile. Windchimes just happens to be one of them.