Friday, July 07, 2006

It takes all Kinds

A friend emailed me this web connection:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/bk.html

It took me to a sight that had recordings of 911 calls. I don't know if they are all real, but this one cracked me up. The gist--a lady called 911 because she was unhappy with the way that Burger King had fixed her hamburger and wanted the operator to send someone out to make the manager fix it correctly.

I get a little tired of people who seem to think that the world revolves around them. I understand the frustration of a wrong order, but cannot imagine ever thinking that this frustration entitles me to call 911 and tie up their lines. Let us define what emergency is for those that have forgotten since school. Is somebody bleeding, is somebody choking, is somebody collapsed or even hurt (feelings don't count).

What a day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At a store I once worked at, a customer came in requesting to return an item he'd bought earlier in the day. It was an expensive item, and knowing how the owner of the shop was about such things, I told him that he'd have to come back and talk to the owner on Monday, (it was Friday afternoon).

20 minutes later the police arrived. First they talked to the customer who was standing outside the shop. Then the cop came inside. The customer wanted me arrested for fraud. I told him my side of the story.

The cop laughed. Then the cop went outside and told the guy to go away and come back on Monday.

The guy was a Doctor, and thought his position in society would grant him leverage. yeah, right.

Jill said...

I am sure there are many stories just like yours. And this one on this 911 connection. It's difficult to stay grounded in the real world and what rights we actually are entitled to.