Friday, May 23, 2008

New Phone

I ordered myself a new phone this week. I guess that I am very important and everyone wants to talk to me, because my phone has been ringing off the hook (do cell phones have a hook?, do phones in general have a hook anymore?) So for the 2nd month in a row, I have exceeded my minutes--and I was oh so careful this last month (using my home phone whenever possible, waiting until 9:00 to make other calls). The problem: 1. Well, I should probably stop calling people so much. 2. Client's have been picking up--I use my current number for them to call and call them from this cell phone (leaving me a voice message at a place I go for maybe 15 minutes once a week just doesn't work). 3. It seems that no one I know, except maybe mom, dad, and my aunt have AT&T anymore (I am talking mainly about my friend CG--you have abandoned me to join with your husband's cell network, what's up with that? *she said with a sarcastic smirk*). So I deliberated, and I deliberated, and then I did some research (of course) and then I thought about it some more. Strangely enough, it works out as cheaper to get a second cell phone with a different company than to add more minutes and another line to my current plan (actually it would be about the same price--but that still wouldn't help with the CG issue as she also has to really watch her minutes too). Again I ask, what's up with that? Of course, AT&T doesn't really care what I do because they have me locked into a 2 year contract. I am free to roam about the country and other cell phone companies as long as I keep my current cell phone with them.

No comments: