Friday, September 29, 2006

I am Remiss

I noticed today that it has been quite a while since my last post. I have excuses--lots of them. You want to hear?

I didn't think so. I have to tell you, sometimes working with kids can be very sad. I have a kid that gets the auditory hallucinations (hears things). I can't go into detail, but when the medicine is strong enough to combat the hallucinations, he has these horrible side effects, so the doctor backs the medicine off and the voices come back. And these are horrible voices. I cannot imagine going through my day, working on school work, trying to sleep at night, or play nice with my sibling when a very real sounding voice is in my ear telling me to do things, or just cussing and screaming at me. My heart breaks for this kid. I hate what trouble the brain can be when it doesn't work right. I hate that the kids I work with have to worry about what the voice is going to tell him next rather than having fun. Somedays, I just hate my job.

No comments: