Monday, September 18, 2006

The Earwick

My husband has had a massive ear infection for the past few days. It really peaked on Sunday, so he decided to try the CVS minute clinic. Not bad. You are in and out, you get to see a nurse practitioner, and you can get your drugs right there in the store. Because of all the swelling, the nurse said the medicine would not get all the way down into his ear canal. So, she put in an earwick. An earwick is this square cottony thing that sucks up the medicine and delivers it into the right place.

Here's the good part, it started to really bug the snot out of my husband today. So he calls me at work, middle of lunch, saying "I got some tweezers, will you meet me out front and pull this thing out." I run out there and pull this inch long, nasty looking thing out of his ear. According to him, immediate relief. Honey, you are really loved--I was grossing out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's just nasty!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!