Friday, June 13, 2008

Athletic? Nah!

But I am definately becoming one of those people. I actually went online this week looking for a race that I could do. Something that could motivate me to keep up with the jogging, keep improving my time, and most importantly, to keep me in shape. I don't like the training part. I am not one of those crazy people who likes to jog all the time. I don't miss it when I skip it. But I do like the races. Does that make me an exhibitionist (only liking to do it when others are watching)? Hmmmm. I guess I will have to think about that one. So I am glancing through some possibilities for races and realized that I still haven't done a 5K. The shortest that I have done is a 10K. I started big--my first being a 1/2 marathon. Does that mean I was looking for a 5K--no, I ended up signing up for a 15K. And how is this for motivation--I have to complete the 9.3 in less than two hours--that's at least 5 miles per hour, meaning, no walking for me. This is a big step for me. I will really be pushing myself to train for this one. Now for the part that really cracks me up. Without making any confessions, they have a category to enter that is up my alley. The Athena Category--it ain't for the skinny chicks with 0% body fat that is for sure...

No comments: