Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Upcomings!

It has occured to me that it is a while since I have blogged. The main reason for that, It's Summertime! and the livin' is easy. And this is another wonderful time when I blog about how much I love my job. Although I still work during the summer my hours are somewhere between 2-5 hours a day and most can be done from my computer at home. I do visits to this kids home during the summer, this can be challenging and sometimes scary, but it does give a great picture of what these kids are dealing with on a day to day basis.

So, I want to refrain from bragging, but I have been swimming--Love swimming. I have been golfing--Love golfing. I have been walking and bike riding and planting a tree and all sort of fun and exciting stuff. The only summer activity that I haven't gotten a chance to do would be camping. But I don't exactly have a camping buddy anymore and I am finding myself to be sufficiently independent, camping alone just seems boring.

Still I can't complain. Next week I will be in New Orleans on mission trip with my church's youth choir. We will be singing and working with Habitat for Humanity and running a Bible Camp, visiting the French Quarter. I am looking forward to a fun week, but I must confess, I am also a little intimidated. Yes, I know that I work with kids and teenagers every day of the week, but I have to say that is one on one. This is a massive group of kids. Pray for me.

No comments: