Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New Job

I have a new job. I have to temper my joy a little as I have several friends needing jobs right now, and this one just feel into my lap. What this means??? I will no longer be "stuck in school." Actually, my day job will not be doing therapy at all. I got a job as a receptionist, with opportunity to move up in a year or so to office manager. Sadly enough the receptionist job pays more than my current, Masters Degree required job.

I was approached with the possibility several months ago, but just wasn't ready. Also, I knew that I would be asking a lot (money above the base salary, extra vacation time). The job just seemed like a long shot. They gave me what I wanted and I took the job. I turned in my resignation today. In my current job, what a mess--they require that to leave in good standing you must give 4 weeks notice and you cannot take paid time off during that time and oh, yeah--you also don't get paid for holidays. What a load of doggie poopy! And I have two dogs, I recognize doggie poopy when I smell it.

So, I focus on the positive--with my new job I will leave it behind at 4:15--no worries will follow me home. I will have a lot of down time--more blogging??? And I am able to maintain my private practice (so I don't have to leave my therapy hat behind completely). With with job, I get to avoid the burnout that I was definately headed for.

4 comments:

Kat Coble said...

This is absolutely fabulous. After everything it's great to see things going in a sunny direction for awhile. ;-p

You must call and fill me in...

Gayla Jacobs McNatt said...

I KNEW IT.....
NO BRAINER......................
God is so very faithful to his children.

Lacy said...

Yeah!!! This sounds great :) I second Kat's fill-in request ...

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Congrats on the new job and being "unstuck". Are you going to change your blog title now?