Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Not Just Office Supplies

Well, I have already confessed my love of office supplies and my inablility to go into a Staples of Office Depot without feeling slightly light headed and giddy. I am beginning to realize that it is all gadgets that make life easier that has an attraction for me. As acting Office Manager/Purchasing Agent at work now, I get to look through these catelogs that come in. We are talking industrial supply catelogs and I am fascinated. It is true that some things hold very little interest for me. Drill bits. Big flipping deal. I have seen drill bit before and I really have all the drill bits that I need, so I can pass those up with no issues at all. The pages I end up stopping at... Safety glasses. Flashlights. Anti-fatigue mats. Brooms and dust mops for goodness sake. Magnetic based trays. (Doesn't that just sound handy for a clutz like me... I knock over the try, but all the metal thingys stay in place!--the problem is that not all I work with is metal). Even the page with the industrial pedestal fans holds appeal for me. And who wouldn't want a full set of clamps and vises? And last but not least (in this particular catelog at least) is the Deburring Set.

There is a theme. Can you guess it? Hmmm... All these items that get my fancy can be used in my stained glass projects (except perhaps the flashlights--I just think flashlights are so cool. It dates back to the days of flashlight chase on the ceiling of the tent at girl scout camp, or playing ghost in the graveyard at church camp. That might be a separate blog entry). Oh dear, just what I need, another gadget obsession...

No comments: