Friday, October 12, 2007

I Think I'm Addicted

I have never worked somewhere where I have constant access to a computer. Never. The last place I worked I had to travel across the big city of Gallatin to the main office to get to a computer and even with that, I would not have access to email. But now I sit in front of a computer for most of the day and that means constant email and facebook access. And there is something about that which is appealing because I keep checking every 1/2 hour to hour to see if I have a new message. Have you emailed me lately???

Let me just say that this does not keep me from my work duties as days here are usually light (the exception being Mondays when I run payroll and the beginning of the month when we close out the previous month). That being said I still like to check my inbox and see what I have gotten. Usually it is from Old Navy or Amazon or even J.Jill.com--all worthy places to shop (if you have the finances, I do not). I have 3 email accounts and I check them all regularly. Yahoo and MSN only once per day, but my Bellsouth account, I just can't seem to get away from.

By the way, does anyone have a Bellsouth account. I do not like the new email. If I accidentally hit the right button a box will come up that will not go away even if I click somewhere else on the email. I have to actually make a decision to do one of options in the box (open the email, respond, delete, etc.). And I don't know how many times I have deleted an email that I want to keep because I had been reading it, then decided to highlight the ad emails in otder to delete them and it was still selected. Why does it have to open up a new window when I want to read an email? It used to be that I could go from one to another to another by clicking next.

So, the point of this blog. No such luck, because there really is no point, but to sum up...

... I hate Bellsouth's (or more accurately AT&T's) new email, but I just can't keep from checking it.

1 comment:

Michael Hickerson said...

The first step is admitting you have a problem....LOL