Thursday, April 15, 2010

Toast

I don't know why. But I am craving toast. Something buttery with crisped crust and peach perserves.

It could be that I missed breakfast this morning. It could be that I just took a swig of cold coffee (cold from sitting out, not iced coffee) and now my stomach is yelling at me.

It could be that... I don't know. I just think toast sounds like a good idea. It is something that I will get a hankering for and can eat an entire loaf of bread toast style (not all at once but over a several day to one week time period)... I think I am entering into a toast time.

This could be that my body knows I am planning something mean for it... (26.2 mile marathon on April 24th!!!) It could be that bread (of all sorts) represents comfort food to me and I am wanting comfort.

Oh... it could be that bread is my butter and jam delivery system and I am actually craving butter?

Another possibility is the psycho-somatic manifestation of.... nah! Even I couldn't come up with something. Toast just means toast.

The world may never know why I want toast today.

No comments: