Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another Strange Sighting on my Commute to Work

This will be a very short post, but I nearly ran over a brand new hammer today on I-65. I could tell it was brand new because it still had the wrapper/tag around the handle. So my question is, how did a new hammer get onto the interstate? I can see someone putting it on top of the roof of their car and driving off, but this was the place where Vietnam Veterans By-Pass merges onto 65. Does that mean that the hammer stayed on the car at least since the last exit back, which would mean that it traveled successfully on the roof all the way through Rivergate (my speculation is from Home Depot or Walmart)? Or, did someone just decide to throw a brand new hammer out the window on a whim? And if that is the case, was it because of road rage or because of buyers remorse, deciding "no, I don't think I will hang that picture after all today, so I don't need this"?

Yes, this is my normal train of thought when I am driving by myself and not carpooling to work. A little strange, a lot random, and totally fun.

No comments: